I don’t have a lot of experience fabric shopping in France, apart from Mondial Tissu (see Geneva, Switzerland) and the odd hour squeezed in to a Paris holiday (there are several great guides to Paris fabric shopping here, here and here).
However, there are lots of lovely French online resources out there. And if you are based in Switzerland my advice would be to befriend someone living over the border to receive your packages, to sidestep pesky import taxes.
- Les Trouvailles D’Amandine – specialises in French-made, organic fabrics
- Annaka Bazaare – pretty cotton prints – stars, dots, stripes, birds and more!
- Boutique Petite Pan – lovely Parisian fabric shop who also sell online
- Deer & Doe – French indie pattern company
- Aime Comme Marie – French indie pattern company (also selling other pretty things!)
- Fifi Jolipois – Beads, wools, fabrics and a wide range of indie patterns
- Mes Jolis Tissus – Good selection of fabrics and patterns (inc Coletterie & Sewholic). Plus a really interesting haberdashery collection – adorable sew-in tags, pompom trim, metallic leather bias binding etc.